cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Notice Attachments

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Change Notice Attachments

So, we just completed our update to 10.2 and everyone is getting back into the swing of things.

One item I'm having trouble fixing is how to add an attachment to a Change Notice (or a Change Task). In 10.1 there was a little java drag and drop icon in the are circled. It's missing in 10.2 even with the compatible java version (8u25+).

I tried a few searches in Knowledge base with no success.

Can anyone spare a clue and let me know what I'm missing here?

8 REPLIES 8

Is your 'File Upload Mechanism' preference set to 'Use Java Applet Functionality'? If not, the drag and drop icon won't appear.

It wasn't. Now that it is, at least something shows up. But still not quite there yet.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:DonSenchuk)

What version of Java is installed?

If it's 7 then you need to add the URL base to the java control panel.  On the Security tab in the Exception Site List.

I gave up. I installed various versions of Java that supposedly work and couldn't get anything going. So it's back to browser functionality. My user base has already gotten used to that method anyway.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Did you enter the website to your PDMLink in the Java control panel exception site list?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

If you ever try this again, and still get the same X icon after doing what Steve Galayda‌ suggests I would be interested to know if any errors/exceptions appear in the Java console (that may need to be configured in the Java Control Panel under Advanced > Java console)

Java applet for file upload exists in 10.2 M10 and lower. If you upgraded to higher version, then it should not exist there.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:ybagul)

Do you have this documented somewhere? I just tested in my 10.2 M030 system and I am able to see the Drag and Drop icon in my New Change Notice > Set Attachments screen if the Attachments > File Upload Mechanism preference is set to use Java applets:

7-21-2016 4-29-07 PM.jpg

The 10.2 M030 "Content Management" WHC topic also still mentions the availability of being able to use Java applets for the file upload mechanism: http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=AttachmentDownloadUploadPrefRef&action=show

Also, I came across this article, which addresses the currently known plans for handling Java applets within Windchill:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS160578

Top Tags