cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Change Notice Template not available in New Change Notice Wizard

IanW
6-Contributor

Change Notice Template not available in New Change Notice Wizard

I created a Template for the creation of a new change notice in Windchill 12.1.  I have tested it and it shows up as a selection in the Template drop down.  When I tried to train a user on how to create a Change Notice, the template is not available for him.  It sounds like a rights issue, but I just can't seem to find the location of where it is.  Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IanW
6-Contributor
(To:LG_10096154)

I figured it out, the Change Notice Template was created at the Org level, but it needed to be created at the Site level as that is where the Team Template resides.  Once I did that all users could see it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LG_10096154
12-Amethyst
(To:IanW)

Check the template is at the same level as the user has access. 

IanW
6-Contributor

I actually had him continue on and create the Change Notice by filling out the data the template did and creating a Change Task for the CN.  He has created the CN and it is off on its way through the workflow.  Is there something in terms of rights for a template as well?  I can see where you can add rights to a Lifecycle Template in policy administration, but nothing for a change template?

LG_10096154
12-Amethyst
(To:IanW)

There are some access controls on the context template, but this is probably better done on Access On Roles (to hide them). I don't think there any options on the TeamTemplate. 

Your correct, ad hoc can be granted on the lifecycle template.

IanW
6-Contributor

I figured it out, the Change Notice Template was created at the Org level, but it needed to be created at the Site level as that is where the Team Template resides.  Once I did that all users could see it.

Top Tags