cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Change notice not enabled/ not showing in windchill 10.0

ishfaqishira
4-Participant

Change notice not enabled/ not showing in windchill 10.0

Hey all, 
I'm using windchill 10.0 and despite trying my best, I'm unable to generate or create any change request or notice or any other option related to change family. I have seen many videos where there's direct option available for change request or notice etc etc but I cannot see none in my PC. I've tried generating new projects and giving my best to arrange a perfect workflow which in my opinion was the problem at first but I was wrong. I searched this forum and yet clueless. Let me specify my problem exactly.

Problem: There's no option for change notice/request. Only promotion tab available. (also I've changed some settings for my site which are now not letting me even generate promotion request. would like to reset it as well to default settings first). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ishfaqishira 

I would add to version Windchill 10.0:

if the Pro/Intralink is just installed the full Change Management process is not part of that system. 

the  Pro/Intralink was "previous" version of Windchill Essentials that also does not contain the full Change Management process.  

PetrH 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Red box in the attached picture is for reference only. I took a Screenshot of some video to specify my problem. These are the settings which I can't see in my settings. 

ishfaqishira_0-1698130651331.jpeg

Hello @ishfaqishira 

I'll tell you a method that can quickly check what's causing you to not see these actions

Change your URL like below, add ?jcaDebug=1 ,then you will see a new Windchill UI with lots of ladybug 😁

http://en2k8-wnc-x22.ptcts.com/Windchill/app/#ptc1/homepage

http://en2k8-wnc-x22.ptcts.com/Windchill/app/?jcaDebug=1#ptc1/homepage

Hi @ishfaqishira 

It seams that you do not have permission to do so. I would contact your administrator to help you.

Are you user or administrator? because the administrator user can see all the functions in the version 10.0

Also you can have some configuration that do not allow to create change requests at all. For example if the object type is set as not instantiable in a Type and Attribute management.

Also what Windchill do you have? for example a Windchill Essential do not have change management. 

PetrH

Hi @ishfaqishira 

I would add to version Windchill 10.0:

if the Pro/Intralink is just installed the full Change Management process is not part of that system. 

the  Pro/Intralink was "previous" version of Windchill Essentials that also does not contain the full Change Management process.  

PetrH 

Top Tags