cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change sientific format of real numbers <1mm

ArnaudGOELZER
12-Amethyst

Change sientific format of real numbers <1mm

Hello,

If I checkin a CAD document which have designated parameter linked to a dimension <1mm, for example Ø0.202mm, in Windchill dimension is not displaying very user friendly.

When I consult attributes in the detail page of that CAD document, it's indicated in scientific format :

Ø2.0200E-1

Please see the print screen below.

Is it possible to change format of real number to displays the same format than creo ?

=> 0.202 not 2.02E-1 

Regards,

Arnaud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Because of the exception "Real value attributes on EPMDocuments and related WTParts are always displayed with full precision (up to 14 significant digits)", until now, I have never tried to set : IGNORE_PRECISION_ENABLED=true.

I've just tried just for see. This change corrected the problem even with cad documents synchronized to article :
[printscreen 1]

I understand better the exception above. If dimension of CADdoc is composed of 14 digits, even if the dimension is rounded at 3 decimal places, WT display the nominal without rounding ("full precision").

Creo side :

[printscreen 2]

WT side :

[printscreen 3]

Thanks for your help.

Arnaud

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Set com.ptc.core.meta.common.NumericToolkit.IGNORE_PRECISION_ENABLED to true.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS36590

As I remember the property will only work for normal WTPart or other manual entered real numbers. If you synchronize them from Creo to Windchill and also WTPart, the property doesn't work.

See also in the case:

Exception :
​Real value attributes on EPMDocuments and related WTParts are always displayed with full precision (up to 14 significant digits)

Because of the exception "Real value attributes on EPMDocuments and related WTParts are always displayed with full precision (up to 14 significant digits)", until now, I have never tried to set : IGNORE_PRECISION_ENABLED=true.

I've just tried just for see. This change corrected the problem even with cad documents synchronized to article :
[printscreen 1]

I understand better the exception above. If dimension of CADdoc is composed of 14 digits, even if the dimension is rounded at 3 decimal places, WT display the nominal without rounding ("full precision").

Creo side :

[printscreen 2]

WT side :

[printscreen 3]

Thanks for your help.

Arnaud

The attachments might show this, but my work computer won't let me view them.

How does one make this edit? File>Properties>....... ?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

To apply this change you must use xconfmanager. Only someone with write permission to the Windchill installation directory folders can perform this operation. For more information on using the utility, you can consult the documentation below:

About the xconfmanager Utility

Regards,

Arnaud

Top Tags