cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Changing structure of a multi-level family table

rhuisstede
1-Newbie

Changing structure of a multi-level family table

Hello everybody,

If possible, I maybe want to change an existing Multi-level table. It is an part "Bolt" with DIN and ISO as highest level. Downwards it consist of the several DIN- and ISO-norms. When putting a hexbolt M6 ISO8765 in the assembly you look first for ISO and then the specific norm and size. Because ISO8765 is equal to DIN960, I want to smash ISO8765 and DIN960 to one level! And so also smash the highest levels DIN and ISO to one "DIN/ISO" or even delete!

I hope it's clear what I want!? And it's problably not possible, I suspect, but maybe can someone suprise me?

Is it also possible to copy one level?

Thanks already!

Greets Raymond

1 REPLY 1

Hi

is that not more a question for the CAD community than for the Windchill's one ?

Anyway, there is no reason why you can't restructure your family table. However, this seems a complex exercice if instances are released and used in many assemblies.

I hope you have a test environment.

From my own experience Family Table were great when using CAD in Windows but using them in a PDM is a nightmare unless those tables once created will never be iterated.  My users used to create Family table for all sort (eg sheetmetal where they could quickly turn on and off bending), this sounded OK when looking at the 2D drawing but when considering PDM and processes this was a real pain and I had to educate the users not to do that anymore.

Best of luck

Top Tags