cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Check Out Released items

ptc-174577
2-Guest

Check Out Released items

How can I set PDMLink 9.0 to not allow checkout of released items?. I though my system was setup to make sure we can not check out items that are set to released but it seems its not. I want the option to be either add to workspace or up-issue and check out a draft version. Can anyone guide me on this? Many thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

I'm not sure how your release scheme was setup, but that should've been done already. The key is to make sure that the administrator is not working with the file. A product admin can check out and check in released items in their product. A regular user should get an error when they try to check out and item. If that is not working then contact the person who setup the system for you. Windchill has many options and release schemes are customizable therefore I could have a scheme that says concept and then issued, with issued meaning released. That is why it is hard to say that this is the solution you need. Eric

I have the same problem. One of our user can check out all released items an make changes to them. What is the Windchill setting to prevent that. Probably a permission setting we are missing here?

Thank you

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:HTAVAN)

From a Released object, as admin, select "Edit Access Control." Search for and add that user to the list and then investigate.  Modify will be checked; select the info button to drill down to the permission that provides Modify and should not.

@MikeLockwood  "Edit Access Control" can be set for each individual object. Is that any way that permission set for all released objects in the past and all that will be released in future? Thanks

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:HTAVAN)

Yes, even though it's named "Edit..." don't make any changes here.  It's a matter of finding what permission gives the user the unwanted permission.

From there, a) see if the permission is just to this user (bad practice but happens), or to a group.  If to the group, see what other users also have this permission.  See also if this user is in muliple Roles in the Product / Library where this is occurring or multiple Groups mapped to these Roles.

b) It may become a matter of troubleshooting - hopefully what you have is documented well by someone.

Top Tags