cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Check in new EPMDocument with Windchill API's

MaBau
1-Newbie

Check in new EPMDocument with Windchill API's

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem and I really hope someone can help me with that.

I created an EPMDocument by using an expression robot. Now I would like to automatically check-in this EPMDocument into the commonspace via a Java code, so that not only the person who created the document can see it in his workspace but also everyone else. I tried to use a method robot (for check in) for this, but that caused an error.

Can anyone please help me or point me in the right direction?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Willi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ybagul
1-Newbie
(To:MaBau)

I would recommend not to enter so much code into an expression robot. Call a java class from expression robot.

I wrote a small code that creates EPMDocument (works on 9.1 M40). Use it as reference for your use.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ybagul
1-Newbie

For check-in, you can use following API in expression robot itself. For you, object is EPMDoc and note is checkin comments.

wt.vc.wip.WorkInProgressHelper.service.checkin(Workable object, String note)

Side Note: If its a brand new EPMDocument, you might want to persist it. For you, obj is EPMDoc.

wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.save(Persistable obj);

MaBau
1-Newbie
(To:ybagul)

Thanks for the quick response.

Your answer does work, but unfortunately not for brand new EPMDocuments. After implementing the code and running it I get the following error:

wt.workflow.engine.FailedExpressionException: wt.util.WTException: (wt.vc.wip.wipResource/36) wt.vc.wip.WorkInProgressException:

WARNING: The element notebook - Layout, A.1 must be checked out in order to be checked in.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Willi

ybagul
1-Newbie

Did you happen to try this API?

wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.save(Persistable obj);

MaBau
1-Newbie

Yes, I tried that API, but I still get the same warning. Element must be checked out in order to be checked in.

Maybe it's better to show you the hole code.

wt.epm.EPMContextHelper.setApplication(wt.epm.EPMApplicationType.toEPMApplicationType("EPM"));

wt.epm.EPMAuthoringAppType at = wt.epm.EPMAuthoringAppType.toEPMAuthoringAppType("PROE");

wt.epm.EPMDocumentType dt = wt.epm.EPMDocumentType.toEPMDocumentType("LAYOUT");

wt.query.QuerySpec qs = new wt.query.QuerySpec(wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspace.class);

wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspace workspace = null;

qs.appendWhere(new wt.query.SearchCondition(wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspace.class,wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspace.NAME,wt.query.SearchCondition.EQUAL,"the SPECIFIC WORKSPACE"),new int[] { 0 });

wt.fc.QueryResult qr = wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.find((wt.pds.StatementSpec)qs);

System.out.println(qr.size());

while(qr.hasMoreElements())

{

workspace = (wt.epm.workspaces.EPMWorkspace)qr.nextElement();

}

epm=wt.epm.EPMDocument.newEPMDocument(number, name, app_type, doc_type, cad_name);

wt.inf.container.WTContainerRef container_ref = wt.inf.container.WTContainerRef.newWTContainerRef(workspace.getContainer());

wt.inf.container.WTContainerHelper.setContainer(epm, container_ref);

wt.folder.FolderHelper.assignLocation((wt.folder.FolderEntry) epm, workspace.getFolder());

wt.vc.wip.WorkInProgressHelper.service.checkin(epm, noteEpm)

wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.save(epm);

Hopefully, you can tell me what is missing or wrong.

Thanks again,

Willi

ybagul
1-Newbie

I would recommend not to enter so much code into an expression robot. Call a java class from expression robot.

I wrote a small code that creates EPMDocument (works on 9.1 M40). Use it as reference for your use.

jjeon
3-Visitor

wow,

one more,

How to newEPMDocument set CreateDate ??

CreateDate in not today. i want another day.

rsetty
3-Visitor

Yogesh, How to upload a content file to the EPMDocument?

Thanks,

Raghu

vuchekar
9-Granite

Hi Yogesh,

i am facing one error while Uploading a modified content to a epmdcoument which is created by using API.

here is brief,

1. i have created an EPMDocumet by using API ( Simple .prt).

2. this EPMDocument is opening in  Creo as well.

3. all actions like, check out, check in, undo check out , add to workspace from Browser are working fine.

4. checked out operation from creo also works fine.

5. now i have made some modifications in this epmdocumnet in creo.

7. now try to check in these modification in Windchill from creo - check in options.

8. here, before check in, it will upload this modification to server, but this upload operation was failing and ultimately i am not able to check in the epmdocument from creo.

here is my error,

issue1.jpg

issue 2.jpg

Please help us to fix this issue.

Thanks, Vivek

akumar-2
1-Newbie

Hi guyz,

I created workflow, which need to execute when EPMDocument checked in from PROE. I set Workflow in INWORK state of EPMDocument lifecycle.

I added synchronize robot on CHECKIN event of EPMDocument in workflow immediately after START , I added below code in synchronize robot that if EPMDocument path doesn't contain EPMDocument creator name then only proceed workflow .

However the workflow executes when I click SAVE & UPLOAD the Drawing in PROE, rather It should be executed when I click CHECK IN the Drawing.

So When I click CHECKIN , workflow doesn't execute Synchronize robot because it already executed ...

Does anybody have idea , How I can solve this issue?

primaryBusinessObject is EPMDocument

if ( primaryBusinessObject != null ) {

String stringCreator = ( (wt.epm.EPMDocument) primaryBusinessObject ).getCreatorName() ;

String stringForlderPath = ( (wt.epm.EPMDocument) primaryBusinessObject ).getFolderPath() ;

if( ! stringForlderPath.contains( stringCreator ) ) {

result = "ok";

}

}

Top Tags