cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Checked Out the Product Folder?

sghongade-2
1-Newbie

Checked Out the Product Folder?

Hi Everyone,

I created one product folder and put the all necessary documents (i.e CADDocuments, WTDocuments, other non CAD Documents etc.) in that folder.

is it possible to checked out the whole product folder? i am selecting the folder and try to check out by selecting the action menu then i get the error "Only CAD Documents and parts are eligible for multi object checkout". is it possible to  check out the whole product Folder.

3 REPLIES 3

I don't believe you can checkout a folder, but you can go inside the folder and select all the objects from the object selector in the header. As for the checkout, multi-object checkout is allowed only on CAD documents and Parts. For the wtdocuments, i think the documents without content are allowed for multi-object operation

Thank you

Binesh

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:sghongade-2)

Hi Shravan,

Looking at the error it seems you are using "Checkout to Workspace" option. As mentioned by Binesh, you can only checkout Cad Document and WTPart objects to workspace, not WTDocuments. You can try using "Edit Multiple Objects" by selecting all WTParts and all WTDocument (one object type at a time)

Regards,

Bhushan

Thansk Binesh and Bhushan,

I was seen this functionality in autodesk valut where user can checkout the whole folder containing cad document as well as non cad documents. can we obtain this by any other method in windchill ?. i already gone through the Edit multiple Objects but my specific intention is to checkout the folder anyway from windchill . if within windchill this functionality is not available then how can we made it available?   

Top Tags