cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Checkin with Auto-Associate of Suppressed CAD Doesn't Create WTPart

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Checkin with Auto-Associate of Suppressed CAD Doesn't Create WTPart

In 10.1 M010 I am checking in an assembly with some suppressed components and creating WTParts through auto-association. What I notice is that all the CAD Documents are checked in (including suppressed objects) and WTParts are created for CAD objects that are not suppressed. Does anyone know of a configuration or preference to get the WTPart created for the suppressed CAD object? Does anyone know the purpose of this behavior?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | o: 616.698.3766 | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CD6655.CDCDC3C0]

1 REPLY 1

I'm guessing that "it is working as spec'd" is what they would tell you. Here is another one to check out though. I'm on 10.0 but doubt that it is different in 10.1. Take an assembly with some parts and check it in. The parts build. Then suppress a part and check it in again. It builds correct. Unsuppress the part and check it in again. It builds correct. Now for the fun part. Go to History and select the first and third iterations and do a Compare Information. They will come up skewed. This makes for real fun on a change notice if you have suppressed items in an assembly while fixing and checking in and then unsuppress them when finished. Windchill thinks that those items have changed and shows as such when doing a Compare from the change notice.

Brian Toussaint
CAD Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269
Top Tags