cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Chemicals, Raw Materials including Biologics (CRiB) tracing through product structure

LG_10096154
12-Amethyst

Chemicals, Raw Materials including Biologics (CRiB) tracing through product structure

Greetings All

Back in 1999 I was working on a project back then we called CRiBs (Chemicals, Raw Materials including Biologics) that provided a "flag" in the structure that would allow use to know if a configuration could be sold to a US state that had restrictions on an item in the structure. This flag would then stop the shipment or sale to that State.

We would ask our supplies to provide this information and to sub-suppliers.  

I would image today, that may be an attribute on the wtPart.

Wondering if anyone else has traveled this path and has some advice / experience they would care to share?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @LG_10096154 

I would say that the attribute of the material in the structure is right way. 

Or you can use Raw material object that is linked to WTPart and the information "flag" can be on the raw material.

I have many ideas how to get that information to right place to right person.

When the information is important to a user ?

1. You can have an attribute calculated on assembly by DataUtility that check information from all subparts if there is that flag 

2. You can use a report where the conclusion would be done if the product is sellable to US or not.

3. You can use function button to get that report by user. It does not have to be a querybuilder.

4. Integration with ERP this information is calculated during transaction to the ERP...

PetrH

It would seem like an easy solution, same as wtPart classification with an additional classification for Hazardous materials etc. May need some clever sw skills to have it tree up the structure (see if in displayed on the parent (Next higher Assembly) as a flag.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:LG_10096154)

This is very similar to REACH and other regulations. I believe the Aerospace industry had something similar in the US to flag and track hazardous materials in products. It was a complicated and time consuming regulation to comply with since it involved at times looking at the percentages by weight of those nasty materials and if they met some threshold.  But yes as @HelesicPetr  indicated, a flag attribute would work that rolled up the structure. One complicating factor is the config spec which could influence the result. This data also needs to be passed to your ERP since that is where it needs to be used.

We had explored it but were divested from a parent company before we had to comply with this. There was also the cost benefit trade. Does it make sense to pay a little for every component to track vs paying a larger price to do the assessment at the top-level and prior to shipment time? 

We use AssentComplianceManager to connect Windchill and have flag to WTPart

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/WIndchill-Product-Analytics-WPA-Where-to-go-in-the-future-now/m-p/787769/highlight/true#M66436

This is an example of one of the Windchill queue sending data to Assent system (it's a SaaS)

Marco_Tosin_0-1709901440396.png

This is the Compliance view in Windchill with flag for a code

Marco_Tosin_1-1709901595890.png

And this is part of a structure view

Marco_Tosin_2-1709901737572.png

Marco

We use Oracle for our ERP tool. I can't image they would go for adding in another product.

Top Tags