cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Chrome browser issue with uploading file into WTDocument

mvollmers
4-Participant

Chrome browser issue with uploading file into WTDocument

We've had a couple users who have reported issues where they can't attach a file (pdf or doc) into a WTDoc, either in the associate new command or the replace content command.  the browse button opens and allows a file to be selected, but normally you then see a green bar load right under the file name.  it works for me, but the other people that bar just stops part-way and nothing uploads.  It works for IE and Firefox, but not for Chrome or Edge.  Must be a setting somewhere, but we've opened up pop-up blockers and cookies and everything seems matched as far as we can see.  not exactly sure what other settings might be influencing the Windchill behavior only on the Chromium engine, but I'm open to ideas.  thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For an issue like this, I would try looking at the Chrome browser console logging (ex.  Chrome main menu "..." -> More Tools -> Developer tools), and seeing what may show in the Console tab, when this issue is reproduced on the Chrome browser - since it's a browser-specific issue it seems.

You can also open a Support case with us, if you need assistance troubleshooting this.

Mike C.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

For an issue like this, I would try looking at the Chrome browser console logging (ex.  Chrome main menu "..." -> More Tools -> Developer tools), and seeing what may show in the Console tab, when this issue is reproduced on the Chrome browser - since it's a browser-specific issue it seems.

You can also open a Support case with us, if you need assistance troubleshooting this.

Mike C.

Thanks, Mike.  we'll have to look at that.  sounds like it might be impacted (in addition) by our VPN in some manner, so might have multiple things going on.  if we can't get it nailed down, a support ticket certainly will be on the way.  thanks!

Top Tags