cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Chrome vs. Edge output with PDF Quick Access extension

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

Chrome vs. Edge output with PDF Quick Access extension

I just ran into an interesting "feature" with the PDF Quick Access Starter extension. 

Dobi_0-1675268877094.png

This adds a column that allows users to one-click access published PDF representations instead of having to go through the Representations table. So it's a time-saver, for sure. 

Dobi_1-1675269026180.png

However for office documents run through the Office publisher, the Chrome tab matches the filename of the PDF (xxxx-xxxxx-xxx_something.pdf) as the PDFs open with the Adobe Acrobat extension. The same PDF opened in Edge shows the tab name as 0000-00000-000_something.pdf, where the PN attribute is transcribed to all zeros. When I install the Adobe Acrobat extension in Edge, things go back to normal. 

I don't see any settings in the extension that would cause this difference. Are there are browser settings that display published data differently? Are there settings on the Office CAD worker that would cause this difference? 

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dobi)

The Adobe Acrobat extension does not play nice with Windchill, and it's use it not supported.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS355978

As far as the name displayed in the title, the webpage is actually able to specify what the PDF name should be when viewed, even if it doesn't match the actual filename being downloaded by the browser.  I wonder if something like that is going on here.  Might be worth opening a case with tech support just to see what they have to say.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

Interesting... seems to work just fine on this end. I do get that error if we're passing something other than the Quick Access pdf representation specifically through REST API URLs. 

We're on 12.0.2.8 so maybe there were some adjustments made since 11? 

Top Tags