cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Collaboration Between 2 Windchill Orgs ... and Publishing via ESI

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Collaboration Between 2 Windchill Orgs ... and Publishing via ESI

I have a difficult problem I'm trying to solve.  We have multiple orgs in our Windchill installation.  They represent different business units in our company.

However, 2 of the orgs are now entering a joint venture to release new product.  And I'm struggling to figure out how to best accomodate this in both Windchill and our ERP system.  We are using ERP Connector - not the full-blown ESI.

If I haven't lost you, and you're still reading:

Currently, each organization has their own default distribution target.  The output file from each org is very similar.  Both files are read by our ERP software.  But there are a few small differences, such as attributes.  There is also 1 key piece of information that each distrubtion target places in the file ... which is read by the ERP middleware.  That is how the ERP knows which organization to put the Windchill data.

But in this case - a joint venture - I need the data to be "released from both orgs" (whatever that means), and "imported into both ERP orgs" (meaning the part numbers are added to both organizations in the ERP system).

Some Half-Baked Thoughts:

• Create a new Windchill org that stores the data that is shared between the 2 orgs.  Then the default distribution target could be configured to release to both sides of the ERP system.
  • Try to get the WTParts to push through both distribution targets separately somehow.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags