cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Comments on Task linked now to the User

LG_10096154
12-Amethyst

Comments on Task linked now to the User

Look like PTC made a change that checks that a Comment on a task is made by the person who has the task?

So, if a Product Manager (library manager) completes a task for another person and comments are required they must first re-assign the task to themselves or an error will pop-up saying comments are required even when the admin as added comments.

Looks like the system is checking that the comments where added by the person who has the task.

When did this happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found the reason. One of our developers "included a change to the code that checks comments. In the past it has not been checking if the signed on user had written comments for their assignment. Now it checks if the signed on user added comments."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @LG_10096154 

What version do you use? what version did you use where the information was not presented? 

Is it OOTB workflow with ootb tasks? 

As I know the comments are not required in OOTB configuration.

so I guess the check is not OOTB and your admin could add that check 

PetrH

Correct, comments are not required but when you select that they are on a task, they are now checked against the user who has the task. 

This makes sense and I can see why PTC now does this but we have many product managers who routinely complete tasks for others (probably not a good business process) but they are in the same role as the assigned user.

Now if they try and complete the task with comments they get an error saying Comments are Required. What I think is happening is that the comment for the assigned users is not seen by the system.

I would like to be able to tell our users when this change was made.

Hi @LG_10096154 

I don't have any issue to complete the task as an admin for someone else. 

Version 12.0.2.7

In your case there can be some ACL troubles on the context level. 

Or this feature has been applied in later CPS 08-15

HelesicPetr_0-1702993577761.png

PS: what date/time have you realized this behavior ? After update? Upgrade? any other changes?

PetrH

In your example, was a Comment required? If not then yes and Admin can complete the task.

We are at 12.0.2.15

You said : , comments are not required but when you select that they are on a task, they are now checked against the user who has the task

So in my case the comment is not required and OOTB the task can be completed by an another user who has rights..

Please share the setting how have you set the comment required

PetrH

Found the reason. One of our developers "included a change to the code that checks comments. In the past it has not been checking if the signed on user had written comments for their assignment. Now it checks if the signed on user added comments."

@LG_10096154 

So your developer has changed the behavior, not PTC.  That explains a lot. 

PetrH

Top Tags