cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Commonspace Excel .xls files downloaded as data.wcdti

tleati
10-Marble

Commonspace Excel .xls files downloaded as data.wcdti

Hallo,

I have a problem in downloading excel files present in the Common space, if I try to do it, the file download is named "data.wcdti"....where is the problem and how can I solve it?

Bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is done from the My Settings > Preferences > Attachments > File Download Mechanism

The option here should be "Use basic browser functionality to download files".

You are being prompted to download the wcdti file because the preference has been set to open the files in Desktop integration by default

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aadal
1-Newbie
(To:tleati)

Hello,

I have the same problem for PDF files. Did you solve it?

Thanks,

Andaç

tleati
10-Marble
(To:aadal)

Hi Andaç,

yes I had solved it. It was fixed by our distributor and being of 4 months ago I do not remember how they did it. I am sure the solution is to apply some settings in the utilities panel - business administration, but I do not recall which exhactly.

If you open a support case with PTC technical support they will give you an answer for sure.

bye bye

This is done from the My Settings > Preferences > Attachments > File Download Mechanism

The option here should be "Use basic browser functionality to download files".

You are being prompted to download the wcdti file because the preference has been set to open the files in Desktop integration by default

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

@Scott Morris

you have marked Binesh answer as correct, but I notice that discussion is on FlexPLM section.

Can you move it under Windchill or may I ask Ryan Kelley?

Marco

Hi Marco,

yes there is no problem (It is not clear indeed what goes where as far as forum sections are concerned). But I don't know how to move it! So if Ryan Kelley can do it would be better.

Bye

Tommaso

The question and provided solution are applicable to both Windchill PDMLink and Windchill FlexPLM. As a result I've moved this discussion into our PTC Windchill product community

Top Tags