cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Compare two Boms and notification

ChrisCollinson
6-Contributor

Compare two Boms and notification

Hi,

Is there a way to compare two boms at different revisions/iterations

Is there a way to have a sbscription on an assembly and have a notification if a part in that assy changes?

2 REPLIES 2

1- WC10 has a very nice BOM compare tool but WTParts in Windchill don't have AsStored configuration. You can compare two different lifecycle states but not two revisions. The ideal situation is to capture a baseline of a release of a BOM. This baseline can then be compared to the latest BOM.

2- I don't thnk this is possible OOTB. It would be a significant listener to wait for changes to ANY component to change I'm guessing.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDC96B.ECF33D60]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

In 10.1 m020 you can select the revision and iteration to compare.

Sent from jeff's phone

On Nov 23, 2012, at 2:16 PM, "Steve Vinyard" <-<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">>">mailto:->> wrote:

1- WC10 has a very nice BOM compare tool but WTParts in Windchill don’t have AsStored configuration. You can compare two different lifecycle states but not two revisions. The ideal situation is to capture a baseline of a release of a BOM. This baseline can then be compared to the latest BOM.

2- I don’t thnk this is possible OOTB. It would be a significant listener to wait for changes to ANY component to change I’m guessing.

<image001.gif>

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
Top Tags