cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Compatibility - Autodesk products

krissel
3-Visitor

Compatibility - Autodesk products

• Is there a list of "non-Creo CAD" versions compatible with Windchill?   i.e. which AutoCAD versions are supported?  Do you stay up to date?

• Users are complaining that Windchill can't maintain links with connected Revit files.  This is defeating our efforts to move everyone into a proper PLM system.  Has this been resolved?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:krissel)

You will find that ALL third-party WGMs lag behind Creo integration into Windchill by a few months (or more).

If the Revit files are just AutoCAD formatted files, the WGM should not have any issues. But I don't think that is the case. 😞

If it was, you would not need WGMs for AutoCAD basic, Electrical and Mechanical, as they are all the same formatted files. I do understand that xrefs and other imbedded 'symbols' into these files may be handled differently, but I am no AutoCAD expert in understanding the file format structures.

I did see 2020 but only supported with 11.2.1.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Here is the link to the 11.2 list of compatible CAD products.

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/9CD3FD15F28F4C24922DAF4CDD820266.pdf?sc_lang=en

AutoCAD Revit is not on the list.

Thanks Ben,

Scrolling down I saw the versions for AutoCAD.  Only up to 2019 so far, and no mention of Revit and maintaining the links heading into Windchill.  I'll contact support.

Thanks!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You will find that ALL third-party WGMs lag behind Creo integration into Windchill by a few months (or more).

If the Revit files are just AutoCAD formatted files, the WGM should not have any issues. But I don't think that is the case. 😞

If it was, you would not need WGMs for AutoCAD basic, Electrical and Mechanical, as they are all the same formatted files. I do understand that xrefs and other imbedded 'symbols' into these files may be handled differently, but I am no AutoCAD expert in understanding the file format structures.

I did see 2020 but only supported with 11.2.1.

Hi Krissel,

You can try the Revit Workgroup Manager for Windchill developed by SrinSoft in partnership with PTC, to synchronize all your Revit files to Windchill along with the reference files, drawing sheets, BOM, etc. You can even publish the Revit file as a Creo viewable. You will find more info here - https://www.srinsofttech.com/revit-windchill-plm-integration.html 

Hope this helps!!

Hey,

You can use the BIMDeX product, which can specifically deal with your problem

Top Tags