cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Conference Presentations - Where's the (Kobe) beef?

JoePriest
8-Gravel

Conference Presentations - Where's the (Kobe) beef?

Having heard about the call for presentations recently, it brought to mind some of the frustrations I have had at past conferences. Speaking specifically about Windchill topics, many of them seem to cater to manager level or first time Windchill users. I often times crave going deeper into the weeds on certain topics...more meat. To those of you who routinely give awesome technical presentations, you know who you are and I thank you!

The current way to get people to present is to ask who wants to present on some topic in which they have some interest. I wanted to get some feedback from other conference attendees about having a way to post and ultimately vote on topics that people would like to hear about. This would give people who wouldn’t normally present the chance to stand up as experts on that particular niché topic and present. The voting would allow for people to collectively show interest in that topic and future encourage people to present.

Some of the topics I would suggest are as follows:

• Explanation of the Windchill Database Schema and tips for querying at that level

• Advanced Windchill troubleshooting – Exploration of the troubleshooting process

• Discussion on UNIX vs Windows for servers and how virtualization fits into that picture

• InfoEngine 101 – practical experience applied in real environments

I’m interested in hearing feedback from people if you feel this mechanism for adding rich content would be something worth pursuing in a more formal way. Thanks.

Joe Priest
Senior PLM Systems Analyst
Synthes

1 REPLY 1

I received a few emails directly that agreed that this was an idea that had some potential. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Joe

In Reply to Joe Priest:

Having heard about the call for presentations recently, it brought to mind some of the frustrations I have had at past conferences. Speaking specifically about Windchill topics, many of them seem to cater to manager level or first time Windchill users. I often times crave going deeper into the weeds on certain topics...more meat. To those of you who routinely give awesome technical presentations, you know who you are and I thank you!

The current way to get people to present is to ask who wants to present on some topic in which they have some interest. I wanted to get some feedback from other conference attendees about having a way to post and ultimately vote on topics that people would like to hear about. This would give people who wouldn’t normally present the chance to stand up as experts on that particular niché topic and present. The voting would allow for people to collectively show interest in that topic and future encourage people to present.

Some of the topics I would suggest are as follows:

• Explanation of the Windchill Database Schema and tips for querying at that level

• Advanced Windchill troubleshooting – Exploration of the troubleshooting process

• Discussion on UNIX vs Windows for servers and how virtualization fits into that picture

• InfoEngine 101 – practical experience applied in real environments

I’m interested in hearing feedback from people if you feel this mechanism for adding rich content would be something worth pursuing in a more formal way. Thanks.

Joe Priest
Senior PLM Systems Analyst
Synthes

Announcements

Top Tags