cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Configuration of CAD worker

SModugu
12-Amethyst

Configuration of CAD worker

Hi @BenLoosli 

1. Can I create multiple CAD workers on remote machine, if i created 4 Creo CAD workers, does it need 4 creo view adapters?
  2. are these 4 Creo workers are identical folders? 
  3. One creo parametric application works with these 4 CAD workers? I mean one CAD application is enough for working with multiple workers?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:SModugu)

A Creo View adapter is the code to convert a certain type of CAD or doc data to a format that Creo View and Windchill understand. There is an adapter for all the major CAD applications, Office, ECAD vendors, STEP, PDF, etc. Each type you want to publish needs its own adapter. From that, you can create any number of workers to scale. A worker is configured to use the specific adapter to publish data on command from the server. 

Think of it like people in a company, Each department processes different tasks. The workers are like employees in that department. If more jobs are coming into a certain department, you can scale up the number of employees to meet the demand.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hello @SModugu 

1.. Yes you can create multiple workers

2. Each worker needs own folder setup

3. One Creo application is enough for this setup. 

Also one license is consumed for all creo instances

Following article can help you CS29308

Following community discussion can also help 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Multiple-CAD-Workers-on-a-Single-Remote-PC/m-p/841796#M69263

PetrH

1. if i configured 4 creoworkers, does it need 4 Creo view adapters?

2. all these should be copy and paste of one worker folder and rename it?

3. for 1 creo application, how many workers can be setup as above point 2?

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

1 what do you mean 4 Creo view Adapters?

just one application is installed and a setup folder is created for each worker. (setup1 , setup2 setup3 atc)

2. I would not use copy paste because you need to define alias for each worker. All is described in the article.

3 As many you have resources. For one customer I setup 15 workers with one creo aplication 

Do not forget to create enough new publish queues. 

PetrH

1. i also dont know the role of Creo view adapters in publishing a job but i see it in the folder of WVS in our system.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

A Creo View adapter is the code to convert a certain type of CAD or doc data to a format that Creo View and Windchill understand. There is an adapter for all the major CAD applications, Office, ECAD vendors, STEP, PDF, etc. Each type you want to publish needs its own adapter. From that, you can create any number of workers to scale. A worker is configured to use the specific adapter to publish data on command from the server. 

Think of it like people in a company, Each department processes different tasks. The workers are like employees in that department. If more jobs are coming into a certain department, you can scale up the number of employees to meet the demand.

Wow! that's indeed a great explanation. Thanks for that!

Announcements

Top Tags