cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Configuring new lifecycle to manufacturing view with OIR affecting old manufacturing items

VVII
8-Gravel

Configuring new lifecycle to manufacturing view with OIR affecting old manufacturing items

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case: Configuring new lifecycle to manufacturing view with OIR affecting old manufacturing items

Description:

Hi,

Background:

I had same lifecycle for design and manufacturing view.

Configured new lifecycle to manufacturing view with OIR by following this:

https://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/index.jspx?id=ExpMPM_Cust_MPMLink_LifecycleView&action=show

OIR now triggers new lifecycle for fresh manufacturing views.

(Tested and it works. Tested with new branch & create new item as manufacturing)

But what happened is related to the old manufacturing views in the system. The old ones have the previous lifecycle, which is totally fine. However, after creating the OIR, the system no longer allows me to revise the old manufacturing views. This is really weird because the old design parts that have the exact same lifecycle still have the revise option. 

Somehow the lifecycle and view goes now hand on hand. I tried to assign new lifecycle to part which is manufacturing with old lifecycle and after the new lifecycle is assigned also the revise option became visible. Tested also other way and the revise option disappeared.

Did I miss something or is this normal behavior? Why OIR add on affects old items? Do I have to add or remove something from OIR? 

With  ?jcadebug=tru

VVII_0-1715865133208.png

Lifecycle used for design:

VVII_2-1715865265316.png

Lifecycle what was used for design and manufacturing - no revise option. Tested with different rights.

VVII_3-1715865398822.png

If I try to revise part from BOM transformer it gives:

VVII_5-1715865565132.png

With new lifecycle manufacturing view does have revise option

VVII_4-1715865491715.png

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:VVII)

So its the existing MFG views that are not in line with the current OIR and Lifecycle? You just need to change their lifecycle to the new one to clean up history. This should be easy to do from a search results. You can do them in mass and change the lifecycle template. That should resolve the issue.

Yes, the manufacturing items that already were in the system before the new lifecycle was created.

Ye that works if I want to change them all to match the new lifecycle! Tested and it is possible to change many items same time to new lifecycle.

I want to dive deeper and understand the logic behind this, I don't get why the revise option disappeared from the "old" manufacturing objects and stayed in design objects.

--> Does this mean that you can only have one unique lifecycle at the time per object per view? (in this case: mechanical item - (manufacturing) have only one valid lifecycle that must be used for all items)

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @VVII 

There is really good background logic. 

If you revise, the system control the target object and if the target object's LC has the rights to create revision.. 

For example, if you revise object that has old Lifecycle template and new OIR rule would change the LC template to different one (which is possible) there has to be correct transition definition in both templates 

PetrH

anursingh

Hi @VVII,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Tags