cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Confilicts on ''Read only object''

Janitha
5-Regular Member

Confilicts on ''Read only object''

Hi, me and my team is working on a design. while opening the assembly, i got this error always. how do i rectify this on my computer/server?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Janitha)

Hi @Janitha 

Try to set config pro option regenerate_read_only_objects to no

That should help to avoid unwanted regeneration of objects that are not check-out. 

But the message will still appear about it

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS60231

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Is it possible that the assembly was saved unregenerated? Or you have a race condition with relations where they will be modified just by opening? Its letting you know that it had to "touch" something but that item is read only and that will not be saved. 

I would open the items up not-locked and by a user who can check them out. Regenerate them and see which gets modified. That can be checked in and the issue should go away. That is unless you have some circular references or external things causing the locked assembly to want to be modified.

jbailey
17-Peridot

Something to consider (Depending on the version of Windchill you are using) -using the Smart Lock Objects preference. It allows you yo auto lock items the user does not have access to modify, or additionally are in a different context.

Available in Windchill 11.1M10 & Creo 4.0 M60, Creo 5.0.1.0+

jbailey_0-1692708150367.png

can you find the location of this CAD model in Windchill? do you have full access to it? there's not much in the PTC TS KB on the error message "Read Only object regenerated".

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Janitha 

Try to set config pro option regenerate_read_only_objects to no

That should help to avoid unwanted regeneration of objects that are not check-out. 

But the message will still appear about it

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS60231

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags