cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Confused by ORG ADMIN...

ptc-1047216
1-Newbie

Confused by ORG ADMIN...

I'm currently installing an instance of Windchill 10.2 which will host 2 organisations.

After the WC installation, I created a second organisation and then created an admin account in each organisation. Each admin account is in the ORG ADMIN group.

So now I have the following:

Organisation1 (The one created during the install process), has user admin1 in the ORG ADMIN Group. It is flagged as that organisations administrator

Organisation2 (Created by wcadmin the SITE administrator), has user admin2 in the ORG ADMIN Group. It is flagged as that organisations administrator

Now this is where I'm confused.

admin2 for Organisation2 is able to create document types for that organisation. Great!

However, admin1 is unable to create document types for Organisation1. When I try, the following message is displayed

ATTENTION: Current user is not authorised to access com.mydomain.name

What am I doing wrong, or not understanding?

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

you can check users domain in principal adminstrator. The other way to enable access verbose and wt.federation.org.verbose or logger to get more understanding on this and then try to fix the issue

Intrigued by this - got same result. Please see attached.

Please post the fix when you get it.

Thanks for confirming the problem Mike, at least I know it's not just me! I figure that the only way around it for me at least is to create a 3rd Organisation and disregard the original one created during the install process. I'll try this later today and see how I get on.

@Amit, the domain for each admin user I created is correct for each one. admin1 is in the Organisation1 domain & admin2 is in the Organisation2 domain.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:ptc-1047216)

Take a look at http://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS141034 and see if that fixes the issue.

Top Tags