cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Convert CAD Vellum drawings into Windchill 10 EPMDocument objects

MichaelEspinosa
1-Newbie

Convert CAD Vellum drawings into Windchill 10 EPMDocument objects

One business unit in my company has a large volume of their CAD data as Vellum drawings. The lifetime of this product line is over 25 years. We are currently using Windchill 10 and our MCAD tool is Pro/E (Creo).

I know we can scan these Vellum drawings into PDF format and create a sub-type of WTDocument to be used to manage these PDF files within Windchill.

Have any of you converted your Vellum drawings to CAD format, and then create a sub-type of "CAD Document" to store and manage these objects in Windchill 10?

If yes you have done this;

• What tool did you use to convert the Vellum drawings into CAD data?
  • Which CAD format were you able to use for this conversion?

If you have any questions, or require additional information to provide a helpful response and feedback, please let me know. I thank you all up front from any helpful information you can provide.

Mike Espinosa

2 REPLIES 2

Hmm, no replies. Interesting...

Let me ask this question in another manner, perhaps some of the CAD experts may have done this. How many have converted "raster to vector"?

What was your experience and what type of conversion errors did you experience?

If you did this conversion, did you manage the results of this conversion as DXF formats in your Windchill environments?

Thanks again for any lessons learned you expert CAD users can offer...

Mike Espinosa

Hey Mike!

This is an incredibly old question now, so I'm curious if you found a solution.  I'm looking to do the same thing.

Thanks!

Top Tags