cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Converting Customizations from 9.1 to 10.1

ptc-2268933
1-Newbie

Converting Customizations from 9.1 to 10.1

Hello All,

I'm testing an upgrade from 9.1 M020 PDMLink to 10.1 M020. I installed 10.1 and migrated to Windchill Directory Server. Our company didn't record special customizations for the system over its 4 year lifespan (although all customizations were done by PTC). Anyone have any idea how to pick out from the properties what were customized changes to the properties(not simple settings such as the mail server and hostnames, etc.)? I'm assuming I don't need to make changes to the db and ldap properties, that they are taken care of in the Upgrade Manager, so I'm ignoring those. I don't know if differences in the site.xconf, including changes in properties such as the plhelp.properties, are properties I need to change for the target system. When I look in properties.html, there is no information regarding some properties, including plhelp.properties.

Thanks

Bryon Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

If you about when the system was installed, check out the .xconf-backup folder. It should have copies of all the files, each time it was changed. You might be able to do some diffs and pick out what is important.

It's not very difficult to find customizations..I've done similar exercise from 10.0 M030 to 10.1 M020 on our dev sever and
As I've used 10.1 folder for installation I had to get all custom files from 10.0 folder to 10.1 folder.

Few folder you can check : codebase/ext, codebase/netmarkets/jsp, codebase/wt/lifecycle, codebase/wt/project.

If you are windows explorer liker to find modified files in entire windchill home folder..that's also one way to find what is changed and when its changed.

regards
Venkata Kotra║Sr.Analyst, Engg Systems ║IS, HHI
[cid:image001.gif@01CDEF37.5BB6AA70]

Thanks, that's a great place to start.

Apart from ext folder, as mentioned above, also it will be good to look for some *actions and *actionmodels.xml, for anticipating some UI Action customizations..

Other folder worth looking will be tasks folder for custom webjects.

Hope this helps.

-Nitin

Top Tags