cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Copy Workflow and Lifcycle to new name

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Copy Workflow and Lifcycle to new name

What is the best method for copying workflows, lifecycles and teams to new names at the org level?

We are building new Windchill systems and need to take the default workflows, lifecycles and teams and copy them per the Best Practices so any PTC changes will not overwrite our modified ones.

There is no copy and paste like other elements to make the process easy.

Export and Import after editing the XML?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

I think you can do a save-as (right-click) for any of the templates you mentioned.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Florent
14-Alexandrite

Hi Ben,

I think you can do a save-as (right-click) for any of the templates you mentioned.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca
mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine

Not sure I fully understand.  I do it manually when creating new configurations.  I don't know of any way to copy all in bulk.  Also, they won't be linked to each other.  So, we have to edit and reconnect them to each other.

Navigate to Templates at the Site or Org, depending on where you want to build the new configuration.

Choose the template type you want to export from the drop down (e.g. Life Cycle Templates).  

Right click on any particular PTC Life Cycle Template > Save As > and give it a new name.

Top Tags