cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Copying family tables along with drawing and assembly. "Save a copy"

dwinrich
1-Newbie

Copying family tables along with drawing and assembly. "Save a copy"

While using "Save a copy" for my assembly, I managed to capture/rename and save the drawing and all the lower assemblies and parts with the new part number, but the system delete my family tables. In other words, it saves the instances as standalone parts. Is there anything in config that I need to address to capture the family tables as well?

All suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

Diane

Config option that have helped, (thinking there is someting I am missing in this process.)

rename_drawings_with_objects

9 REPLIES 9
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:dwinrich)

Diane,

We typically recommend copying files within Windchill instead of within Creo. I believe Creo will only copy files that are currently in session. Therefore, if the family table instances aren't in session they won't be copied. Windchill Save As will allow you to select dependents, drawings, family tables, etc. to copy using the configuration options.

Lori, that would be great....if it worked.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:BuddyHudson)

Brian, what issue do you have when you use the save as in Windchill?

I've had good success with this so I'd be interested in the "if it worked" statement as well. I do tend to use Windchill Workspace Save As and have recognized that sometimes you ned to be methodical if there are multiple levels involved. It may take a couple of passes and/or paying attention to and using the collector to your advantage to get all levels copied.

What I like about WS Save As is the ability to update parents when copying a lower level item (requires parents to be in the Workspace and gives an option to Check Out)

Save as in windchill works fine, but we have auto numbering on.

The original generic part and drawing have the same number.

The saved as generic part and drawing do not have the same number.

Is there a way to solve this?

Regards.

where is the configuration option

habdul
6-Contributor
(To:LoriSood)

Lori,

See image attached. Collection of family instances of a generic part  during workspace save-as does not work unless the instances were manually added to workspace beforehand. Is that a requirement for instances to exist in the workspace for save-as of instances to take place?

My apologies, I reatract my statement about it not working....

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:dwinrich)

Diane, are you able to successfully use the Workspace Save As functionality instead?

Top Tags