cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Corrective Action System in PDMLink?

ptc-3045601
1-Newbie

Corrective Action System in PDMLink?

Now that our company is upgrading to PDMLink and Windchill, our management wants us to look at moving our Access based Corrective Action System into PDMLink. I am very interested in your thoughts, experience, and opinions. Our current system is pushing 100,000 records each with about 100 fields of possible data input. It is shared by 6 different sites across North America and has 450 users. The issues range from parts, drawings, boms, manufacturing, processes, suppliers, materials, to new design work issues. I expect the system to grow by 20,000 records a year. The thought is to utilize the workflow engine, custom forms and metadata to store all of this data in PDMLink/Windchill.
1 REPLY 1

OOTB workflows in PDM are for ECR/ECN. You can customize your own workflows easely for simple things.

We use PDM for our ECR, and it's great to find all informations of a part in one place. A red triangle is added beside all objects with a change pending so it will prevent someone to use it in a new design.

We would like to extend our use of PDM to all our "corrective action" witch is managed manually on paper. We keep track and statistics on suppliers faillure to deliver good parts and on-time delivery. The problem is our suppliers are managed in our ERP system, not PDMLink.

If you ever do this integration, let me know. I wonder how you can manage all these informations coming from different sources...

Top Tags