cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Corrupted data

Marc-AntoineLem
3-Visitor

Corrupted data

Hi all,

I know that probably no one can help on this but I need to vent and get your input.

We installed PP about 1-2 months ago and since then, we have good and bad weeks. We are importing our parts as a needed in PP. Lately, we have corrupted data like crazy. The assemblies open fine from the old server, saved in PP, works fine for a while (2-3 sync) and then boooom. An assembly won't open. We had 5 major assemblies in the last week. Even an SPR with PTC with a fixed one (not really, we can't even backup the fixed assembly any where, Proe Exits.

Some of the issues seems to be ProE related, some more PP.

We even have some issues where a assembly is saved, and next time we open it, it's now a generic of a family table with all the components added to the table ??? How weird is that ?.

I rarelly log calls at PTC, 1 every 2 months or less. I now have 7 opened in the last month.

Ok well, after loging 4 calls this morning and loosing another 2 hours or debugging assemblies, I'll try to work around all those issues and get back to work.

Where's my job # in my timesheet for 'timelost' ? It's hard to explain to management what's going on ?

if anyone as any suggestions or comments. Feel free.

Regards,

Marc

4 REPLIES 4

Marc,

Did you get this problem fixed with corrupted data?

I'm thinking about migrating to PP v2 from Intralink 3.4.

Barry Schaeffer

barry.schaeffer@fluke.com

425-446-5635

yes and no.

I have 2-3 SPR with PTC. They fixed some of them but not all. Most of the time we open a previous version and overwrite the latest one.

All of them seems to be related to Corrupted graphic data in the Proe file. I wish they could find why.

MA

Are your assemblies or parts larger than 100mb? I have seen some issues with this as there is a setting from the sharepoint admin that limits upload size of files to something like 100mb, it can be changed fairly easily but do you ever find your status showing unsynchronized?

Chris Olson

Enser Corp

Our assembly are not that big but might be over 100mb. I'll try changing this setting.

We normally keep at Sync Manually to reduce the amount of version on the server. Should we keep it Auto ?

Thanks

MA

Announcements

Top Tags