cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creating Sub Project in Project Link

sp-2
1-Newbie

Creating Sub Project in Project Link

Hi All,

Can you please help me in creating a Sub Project? I am unable to find an option to create a sub project in ProjectLink. I have logged in as Project Manager for a Project. I also checked in the help center, which suggested me to click on Sub Project Icon from the Project Plan Page. But I am unable to find the icon.Please suggest
Thanks

Sitanshu

5 REPLIES 5
grocha
1-Newbie
(To:sp-2)

You will only see this option if you are in 9.1 or in 10.X using classic project template, the new “enhanced” project templates doesn’t have this option OOTB…

Warm Regards

Guilherme Rocha - Tech Consultant

PLM Solutions do Brasil

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

sp-2
1-Newbie

Thanks for replying. I am using WC 10.1 F000. If sub-projects are not available, then what are the options to manage sub projects. We have requirement that, PM needs to manage different sub projects in a Project, and each sub projects have sub project number associated with it. I was thinking to manage this using Summary Activity and use Sub Project number as an attribute for that. Please suggest if I am going on right track.ThanksSitanshu
grocha
1-Newbie

I suggest you to evaluate the classic project templates, if them satisfy your requirements you can use them in 10.1, other than that you can evaluate the program functionality, I dont know much about programs but I know they where designed to manage networks of projects which are related if I recall correctly... In this case you will not create a subproject but a new project under that program.

Evaluate it well because programs are very similar to projects but they doesnt have all the project's functionalities.

I suggest first you evaluate the classic templates once they already have what you want, but be aware of the differences of functionality between the classic and the new EPP templates.

Warm Regards

PLM Solutions do Brasil

sp-2
1-Newbie

Thanks for your suggestion :).
Sitanshu
grocha
1-Newbie

I found this link with the differences between both classic and EPP templates, maybe you will need to create a ptc account:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc100_hc/ProjMgmtPlanTypeConvert.html#ProjMgmtPlanTypeConvert_ConvertingPlanTypes527_12

Good luck

Warm Regards

PLM Solutions do Brasil

Top Tags