cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creating custom scheduled jobs

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Creating custom scheduled jobs

I know this can be done for WVS scheduler but I am looking for general instructions related to a old Windchill idea

Task for notifying users on running old Tasks. Cat herding has not worked and I believe there are a set of infrequent users who let the "you have a task" emails flow by.  I am looking to see if anyone has written a custom job scheduler in Windchill that can run daily or on a schedule to process open tasks and look for the late ones.

My requirements on email notifications would be unique but I am looking for the hooks to schedule jobs and execute them. Are there existing queues to piggie back on or do I need my own queue? Looking for your feedback and I will share what I learn on my own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One solution that I came up with is simple and leverages existing techniques. I can create a custom workflow with a timer and an endless loop. Custom code can be called from an external method call. This might be the easiest to deploy and stay nimble.  Thoughts?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

One solution that I came up with is simple and leverages existing techniques. I can create a custom workflow with a timer and an endless loop. Custom code can be called from an external method call. This might be the easiest to deploy and stay nimble.  Thoughts?

Top Tags