cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo 2 - Windchill connectivity

bharvey
1-Newbie

Creo 2 - Windchill connectivity

We have just upgraded to Creo 2 (from wildfire 5) and are having issues connecting to our Windchill server on start up. We have Windchill 10.0 M040 and Creo 2 M090.

We Log into Creo 2 the first time, set up the server details using server manager. The second time we log in all is well, server has connected and we can see and use the workspaces. The third (and any subsequent log ins), the server has disappeared from the list of servers, and we have to manually log in again.

Windchill works fine in an IE browser.

I have deleted the .wf file in my appdata/roaming/ptc/proEngineer/Wildfire folder, and deleted the 2.3 file in appdata/local/ptc/creo/platform folder as instructed by our USA counterparts, but to no avail.

3 REPLIES 3

Please check the enembedded browser type in your config.pro if it is set to IE. Also check if your client machine runs on IE 11. If yes try changing the cofig option to firefox and check.

Amarkarthi

GaryMansell
6-Contributor
(To:bharvey)

Hi,

We have found that if you don't update the Creo 2 "Addons" (Creo Platform & Creo Thumbnail Viewer) - found in the addons folder of the Creo loadpoint, then the server registration can get dropped for some strange reason.

Ensure that you are running the correct versions of the above to suit the exact maintenance release of Creo 2 that you are runing, by manually running the installers in the addons folder.

That might be your problem.

Rgds

Gary

slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:bharvey)

I can confirm Gary's response based on what we've seen. Creo Platform specifically is what keeps the server registry information. If you don't have Elevated privileges on your PC it won't install and will prompt you each time it starts Creo.

Top Tags