cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo Drawing Appears Different in Creo View

nmeglich-2
1-Newbie

Creo Drawing Appears Different in Creo View

Please help me understand why my Creo drawings are not appearing the same as my drawing representation in Creo View. I have multiple drawings of parts and assemblies that are experiencing this issue. Here are the descriptions of the Creo View versions that are messed up: The first has removed all of the dimensions. The second and third, which are assemblies, have added rogue BOM balloons. In one drawing, the BOM balloon is linked to an item, but does not appear on the Creo side. In the other, the balloon appears to be unrelated to anything and has a "..." inside. The fourth drawing has removed dimensions and even hole features from the creo part. I don't think that this is a layer issue or an issue even within Creo, but the rogue balloon linked to an item makes me suspicious. I actually think that it is a representations/annotations issue in Windchill. From the drawing information window, I found Representations/Annotations under the content tab. In this window there is a default representation linked to Creo View and includes the undesirable view. It does not appear that I am able to modify this representation. I can only delete it, but after I do that then I have no Creo View option for the drawing at all. Is anyone familiar with this issue? How do I get Creo View to display the exact same information that I am showing on my .drw file?

I appreciate any help that you may be able to provide,

Nick

5 REPLIES 5

Did you try to print the Creo drawing to .plt or pdf and see if that has any issues?

Create representations of your drawings in PDF format.

After modify models representations of drawings need be recreated.

You must configure your adapter for converting dimensions, planes, axes and ets.

20.png

Typically you would publish using as-stored config for drawings. This means the worker retrieves the versions of the models that were stored with the versions of the drawings being published.

Therefore you might see drawing rep issues if you....

• Make changes to models used by drawings, without also updating and checking new versions of the drawings.
  • Make changes to drawings, with non-latest version of model in workspace.

Recently we had drawing rep issues that were solved by installing latest CAD updates on the worker and republishing. Symbols and leaders where moving when drawing was opened by worker.

Thanks for the replys. I have exported the drawing to a PDF with no issues other than a slightly different font. The PDF exported from the .drw file has no issues.

The issue may have been due to inconsistent model versions like Darren has suggested, but I have not completely verified that the problem is resolved. I went through one drawing and updated the model and drawing and are now showing the same version number. I also synchronized and refreshed my workspace. After, I noticed that in the drawing info within the content tab and under Representations/Annotations that a new representation was generated for Creo View. This now appears to be exactly the same as the .drw file.

What controls this autogenerated Creo View representation? On one drawing I deleted this "default" representation and now I cannot get it back. The correctly autogenerated rep includes the following under the details column, "EPM only, Derived From: Drawing - XXXDWXXXXXX.drw, A.4". I also tried creating new representations, but they do not appear and are not executed unless I select "EPM Windchill Structure". Does anyone have any information that can help me better understand what is going on here?

Thanks again for the support. 

Do you have a visualization adapter for Creo Parametric data?

Top Tags