cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo Publishing Issue

Luar
1-Newbie

Creo Publishing Issue

Hi all,

I import creo files in windchill thru creo.

1.png2.png

3.png

After the Import and checkin the publishing/thumbnail is not working. What I need to do is to checkout the file and custom checkin and choose models and viewable so that the publishing/thumbnail worked.

The problem is the revision add even I didn’t change/modify anything just the custom checkin. Is there a way to import creo files in windchill and the publishing/thumbnail worked?

Thanks!

38 REPLIES 38
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:Luar)
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Luar,

Do you have a CAD worker configured (either a remote CAD Worker or local to the Windchill server) to perform the publishing within Windchill? Check Site > Utilities > Worker Agent Administration. If all you see is a blank list or a worker named "triumph" then you don't have any workers configured. In that case, the only way publishing will happen is if you do a custom check in and select to do client-side publishing (i.e. "check in Models and Viewables" option or just the "Viewables" option).

Luar
1-Newbie
(To:LoriSood)

Hi Lori,

This is the screenshot of my worker agent administration. should I start it?

1.jpg

TomU
23-Emerald IV

As long as it's configured correctly (and the CAD worker is configured correctly), it will automatically start when needed. What happens when you check in a file? Do you see this startup?

Luar
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Hi!,

When I check in a file it was successfull and it not start when I checkin. what should I do?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

YYour worker may not be configured to auto start. What happens if you try to start it manually in the Worker Agent Administration?

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi,

1.jpg

this is the screenshot. and when i try to import again i get same results.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

CCheck the was job monitor under Site > Utilities. Do you see the job getting submitted? If so, what are the job details?

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi Lori,

This is the screenshot of job summary. May I know whats wrong?

Untitled.jpg

Thank you.

Hi, Luar.

Can you show log files helper_*.log, monitor_*.log, worker_*.log in WVS server "MDCGROUP", location - "D:\ptc\creo_view_adapters\proe_setup" ?

hi vitaliy,

this is what ive got, I just open 1 file of diff log.,

1.jpg

Luar, can you send me worker_1.log? I will try to understand what the problem is.

Hi Vitaliy,

This is the worker_1.log.

Please see the attached file.

In worker_1.log I see:

>> [2014-12-08 11:50:31] Registering Server : [2014-12-08 11:50:38] proe2pv Error:56113: Failed to register Windchill server "http://mdcgroup.mdcg.com.ph:81/Windchill" "publish5311624639280272162tmp" - -4

Solution:

In WVS server "MDCGROUP"

1. Exit from Creo. Check that no any procces like: xtop.exe, proe2pv.exe, pvsthumb.exe, ptc_ie_server.exe, pro_comm_msg.exe, parametric.exe, nmsd.exe, creoagent.exe not exist in task manager in windows system.
  2. Run Creo in publish mode ( run D:\ptc\creo_view_adapters\proe_setup\proepublish.bat)
    1. Check that Creo lunch successful, take needed license option for publication.
    2. In Creo connect to Windchill server(http://mdcgroup.mdcg.com.ph:81/Windchill) by wcadmin
    3. Tray open Windchill Site Worckspace
    4. If all done you can exit Creo.

In Windchill server:

1. Check that in Windchill Server exist file D:\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill\auth.properties

auth=wncadmin:WCADMINPASS

2. Not Forget configure http://mdcgroup.mdcg.com.ph:81/Windchill-WHC/WorkAgentConfigWorkAgent.html
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:vostapenko)

Luar,

Did Vitaliy's suggestions fix your issue?

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi Lori,

My creo publishing is still now working.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

DDid you create the auth.properties file with the admin user name and password? You need to make sure that the user/ow is correct for your system.

Are you getting the same error in the worker.log as before?

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi Lori,

I still got this error on my log.

[2014-12-15 16:47:42] Connecting to server "MDCGROUP" on port 59756

[2014-12-15 16:47:42] Connection established

[2014-12-15 16:47:42] Registering as WORKER3 MDCGROUP PROE

COMPLETE

[2014-12-15 16:47:42] Recipe file: C:/ptc/creo_view_adapters/proe_setup/proe2pv.rcp

[2014-12-15 16:47:42] Source file: 4455-001.prt

[2014-12-15 16:47:42] Output file: C:/ptc/Windchill/temp/pubtemp/publish8162076307642758494.tmp/4455-001_prt.pvs

[2014-12-15 16:47:42] Registering Server : [2014-12-15 16:47:47] proe2pv Error:56113: Failed to register Windchill server "http://mdcgroup.mdcg.com.ph:81/Windchill" "publish8162076307642758494tmp" - -4

[2014-12-15 16:47:47] proe2pv Error:13027: Cannot restart adapter, helper returned "Adapter already restarted once"

[2014-12-15 16:52:48] proe2pv Warning: Child lost connection to Parent

Luar
1-Newbie

PTC Support also still hang me with this issue. how sad

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi Lori,

I already did some resolution of that case but still not working.

The ff I didn't try yet because I'm not sure where to configure it.

• Add "dm_remember_server no" in config.pro under proe_setup folder to avoid problems relating to authentication to remembered Windchill servers during CAD worker startup

Where to find config.pro? because I saw 3 config.pro file in creo folder.

• Make sure there is no user intervention required whilst launching Pro/ENGiNEER using the proepublish.bat from proe_setup folder

How to do that?

• Remove the environment variable PTC_WF_ROOT from the user/system environment variables

How to this also?

Thanks!,

Luar

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Luar,

Has this publisher ever worked, or is this something new you are trying to setup?

Do you have the Windchill trusted hosts property set to the ip address (or fqdn) of your CAD worker?

xconfmanager -s wt.auth.trustedHosts=192.168.xx.xx -p

Without this, the worker won't properly register with Windchill.

(See CS182327 if you have multiple cad workers.)

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi,

Attached is my site.xconf. file. The trusted hosts already indicate. But still its not working.

Thanks,

Luar

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I need to do some checking, but I'm pretty sure the third to last property is not correct.

<Property name="xconfmanager" overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/wvs.properties"

value="-t C:ptcWindchillcodebasewvs.properties -s publish.cadconvert.PROE=com.ptc.wvs.server.publish.CadConvertPROE ?p"/>

It almost seems like the command wasn't entered quite right. (Notice the ?p at the end.)

BjoernRueegg
17-Peridot

try something like this:

xconfmanager -s "publish.cadconvert.PROE=com.ptc.wvs.server.publish.CadConvertPROE,useworkerdownload\=$(wt.home)$(wvs.dir.sep)auth.properties,referencedfiles\=true" -t codebase/web-inf/conf/wvs.properties -p

Pay attention where the wvs.properties is located. The above is for 10.2. In 10 and 10.1 it's in the codebase folder.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BjoernRueegg)

The ldap baseDN from the site.xconf file seems to indicate that this is 10.2 M010. FWIW.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Not sure what the difference is, but my 10.2 M020 system does not have the "referencedfiles\=true" portion.

xconfmanager -s publish.cadconvert.PROE=com.ptc.wvs.server.publish.CadConvertPROE,useworkerdownload\=$(wt.home)$(wvs.dir.sep)auth.properties -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -p

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi Tom,

I did this I got error. Please see the image below. how do I mapped the wt.auth.trustedhosts? Its already in my site.xconf right?

Untitled.pngthw

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Actually, the trusted hosts entry in your site.xconf is missing the target file definition. Currently it shows this:

<Property name="wt.auth.trustedHosts" overridable="true" value="202.17.123.57"/>

It should look like this:

<Property name="wt.auth.trustedHosts" overridable="true"

targetFile="codebase/wt.properties"

value="202.17.123.57"/>

Either manually add the target file part or just manually delete it and re-add it with the xconfmanager.

xconfmanager -s wt.auth.trustedHosts=202.17.123.57 -t codebase/wt.properties -p

Top Tags