cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo View Adapter not working

VladiSlav
17-Peridot

Creo View Adapter not working

Hello. Please help with advice. I set up a worker to process assembly models. Each job stops executing at the stage "Loading *.asm". No further execution, I waited more than 5 hours. Please tell me what the stage "Loading *.asm" depends on and how I can influence the speed of execution?

VladiSlav_0-1664277851249.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VladiSlav 

@Hemant_Chaugule describes common issues that can be yours.

Set visualization config.pro settings that can help to solve general troubles with some popup windows during a visualization.

display_axes no 
display_coord_sys no 
display_planes no 
display_points no 
model_note_display no 
disable_search_path_check yes 
multiple_skeletons_allowed yes 
web_browser_homepage about:blank 
regenerate_read_only_objects no 
atb_auto_check_on_retrieve off 
package_constraints freeze  
enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no 
enable_partcommunity_tab no   
enable_resource_browser_tab NO 
dm_remember_server no
suppress_license_loss_dialog yes
suppress_dlg_license_expired yes
dm_auto_conflict_resolution yes
dm_checkout_on_the_fly continue

this can help. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:VladiSlav)

Speed is not the issue. Are you using a workspace to download? Looks like something is failing on retrieval. Have you been able to publish before or is this first time? do parts and drawings work? Can you send setup files?

Sometimes there is a problem with retrieving the model. Does it depend on the conversion mode: component or minimum memory?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Generally, if there is a problem that a regular user might have, so will the publisher. We sometimes find assemblies that fail to publish. Examining the logs, you can often find the problem model which will cause all assemblies above it to fail to publish, poison pills. If you fix that model, it can fix the failures on up. That does not appear to be what you were seeing. Running in interactive mode will allow you to see what messages the publisher got stuck on. I will have to take a look at that config.pro since it has some good settings to avoid interactive messages.  Keep an eye on your stats. Here are mine:

avillanueva_0-1664365859545.png

Hi @VladiSlav ,

There might be issues with the Creo. You can stop the worker and check with your trail file and if  you notice that Creo operations are stuck in the trail file then you can run proepublish.bat, this will open Creo in foreground. If Creo shows any error you need to fix that. Sometimes it may not show any errors but it may give some pop-up windows which might affect file processing in the background. In case if you see any pop-ups accept them and say remember my choice/Never show.

However this is very basic check I can think of right now. I hope you had successfully run a worker test after setting it up, to make sure there is no issues with the setup.

Hi @VladiSlav 

@Hemant_Chaugule describes common issues that can be yours.

Set visualization config.pro settings that can help to solve general troubles with some popup windows during a visualization.

display_axes no 
display_coord_sys no 
display_planes no 
display_points no 
model_note_display no 
disable_search_path_check yes 
multiple_skeletons_allowed yes 
web_browser_homepage about:blank 
regenerate_read_only_objects no 
atb_auto_check_on_retrieve off 
package_constraints freeze  
enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no 
enable_partcommunity_tab no   
enable_resource_browser_tab NO 
dm_remember_server no
suppress_license_loss_dialog yes
suppress_dlg_license_expired yes
dm_auto_conflict_resolution yes
dm_checkout_on_the_fly continue

this can help. 

PetrH

Thank you. Your solution really helped me

Thank you for your advice

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

What version of Creo are you using for your publishing engine?

What version of Creo are your files last stored in?

How large is the assembly, number of components, etc?

It is hanging up on the load of a sub-assembly in your main assembly submitted for publishing. Check that sub-assembly for errors.

Creo version 7.0.2

Creo version 7.0.2
Unfortunately, this does not depend on the size of the assemblies. All instances stopped at the loading stage

Top Tags