cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo View Express in Windchill 10.1 M020

BuddyHudson
1-Newbie

Creo View Express in Windchill 10.1 M020

Hey guys,

I am having a difficult time trying to figure out why my thumbnails inside Windchill will not open into Creo View Express 2.0 vs. Creo View 2.0. I know that you have to have a special license to use Creo View 2.0, but that is not the issue. I thought I saw someone in the forum mention a preference setting in Windchill for one or the other. If anyone knows where this is or the quick way to fix this I would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

Buddy Hudson

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:BuddyHudson)

Are you talking about Creo View Express vs. Creo View Professional or Creo View Lite vs. Creo View Professional?

In 9.1 and earlier there was a preference under the Visualization preferences that controlled whether to launch ProductView Client (Lite or Professional) vs. ProductView Standard. However, ProductView Standard is not supported with Windchill 10.x and the preference became obsolete. There is a setting within the Creo View that determines whether to launch Lite or Professional at startup. See the following:

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS60538

If you are referring to Creo View Express is it possible that the Creo View file types are associated with CV Express rather than Creo View (i.e. what launches when you double click on a pvs file)?

I guess I am asking what is the difference between Creo View Express 2.0, and Creo View Lite? Also I do not have the general options that are covered in CS60538. You may be right about the file associations. Need to check that.

Top Tags