cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo View Failed to load the file.

mastachef
12-Amethyst

Creo View Failed to load the file.

The following message is the error I receive when trying to view a Windchill representation in Creo View:

"Failed to load the file. Check the Adobe Acrobat or Adobe installation."

My machine is currently running Creo View 3.1 M010 build 27. Is there anything I can troubleshoot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
14 REPLIES 14
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mastachef)

Viewing PDFs in Creo View also requires Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to be installed locally.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded?

Is it the right version to run with CreoView 3.1?

Currently have Adobe Acrobat Reader 2017 Release 2017.011.30096 installed

TomU
23-Emerald IV

That's more than likely the problem.  Either roll back to an older version of Reader or upgrade to a newer version of Creo View.

You may also want to vote for this product idea:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Addtl-Creo-Ideas/Embed-PDF-viewer-within-Creo-View/idi-p/476631

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Here's a link to older versions if you need it:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?platform=windows&product=10

mastachef
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

Thank you for your suggestions. I am going to check out our options regarding an upgrade to Creo View or downgrade Adobe Reader.

There was also an adapter I saw (Creo View PDF viewer). I am wondering if that is another options.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Creo View Adapters are used by the Windchill CAD workers for automated publishing.  They create the data for Creo View to use.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

CreoView adapters are specific to certain releases of Windchill. Be sure that you have the right combination of Windchill, CreoView Adapters, CreoView and Adobe Acrobat.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Here is the version you need installed for Creo View 3.1 M010:

"PDF viewing supported with Adobe Reader X (10.x), XI (11.0), DC"

mastachef
12-Amethyst

'Failed to load the file. Make sure that the registry entry of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe reader points to the correct installation. If the registry entry is correct, and re-installing Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader, and then restart'

Performed an uninstall and re-install of both application to no avail.

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/00548DEEA08F4097A946C928F3E090DF.pdf?sc_lang=en

Should I/Can I upgrade to Creo View 5.0 per the chart? I cannot seem to find the correct version of Creo View which will run successfully with Windchill.

The suggested page URL gives a 404 error.  Do you still have whatever it was in either a descriptive text form or the PDF?

I am having this issue as well. I have tried everything. It works on one of my PC's but I can't get it to work on the other.

Previously it would ask to install the adobe plug in and I would need to gain admin access to do it. Now I get the "failed to load the file" message every time I try to open a PDF.

My apologies. 

The solution is to ensure that the version of Creo View, Adobe and Windchill are all compatible. In my case, I was able to upgrade my Adobe product from Adobe Reader to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Once I did that, I was able to view and edit representations. 

Attached is the software compatibility matrices I used to figure out my configuration

Top Tags