Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo View Failed to load the file.

SOLVED

Re: Creo View Failed to load the file.

'Failed to load the file. Make sure that the registry entry of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe reader points to the correct installation. If the registry entry is correct, and re-installing Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader, and then restart'

Performed an uninstall and re-install of both application to no avail.

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/00548DEEA08F4097A946C928F3E090DF.pdf?sc_lang=en

Should I/Can I upgrade to Creo View 5.0 per the chart? I cannot seem to find the correct version of Creo View which will run successfully with Windchill.

Tags (3)

The suggested page URL gives a 404 error.  Do you still have whatever it was in either a descriptive text form or the PDF?

I am having this issue as well. I have tried everything. It works on one of my PC's but I can't get it to work on the other.

Previously it would ask to install the adobe plug in and I would need to gain admin access to do it. Now I get the "failed to load the file" message every time I try to open a PDF.

Highlighted

My apologies. 

The solution is to ensure that the version of Creo View, Adobe and Windchill are all compatible. In my case, I was able to upgrade my Adobe product from Adobe Reader to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Once I did that, I was able to view and edit representations. 

Attached is the software compatibility matrices I used to figure out my configuration