cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo View for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 OS (Surface Pro)

canderson
6-Contributor

Creo View for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 OS (Surface Pro)

When will Creo view be supported for the Windows 8 OS and Windows 8 Phone. This is the eco system that eventurally all businesses will migrate to. The Creo View for the IPhone and IPad is buggy and lacks so much like networking, printing and display problems. Apple is not a productive tool, I would hope PTC would start supporting the real world Microsoft. This is where productivity begins. Anyone running Pro/E on their Apple device?

3 REPLIES 3
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:canderson)

Windows 8 is supported as of Creo View 2.0 M030. Please refer to http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/148982/en/Creo_View_Clients_Toolkit_X22M030.pdf

TimMcLellan
6-Contributor
(To:LoriSood)

Lori,

Windows Phone? Awesome if possible.

canderson
6-Contributor
(To:LoriSood)

Yes but the neat little functions like "Shake and Break" are only developed for the IPAD... I forsee a shift in the future with the innovation of the Surface Pro. PTC needs to bring the same simplistic aspects of Creo to the Windows 8.1 Tablet environment as they did the IPAD. I personally think the glam of the IPAD will be a fad in the business world. If you want to hit a moving target and invest in a Production environment.. develop these tools for the Surface Pro or other Windows based tablets. These are more secure, easy to attach to any business network with maximum sucurity with the integration that is expected with office tools...

Top Tags