cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo View messed up with Chrome

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Creo View messed up with Chrome

So Google must have pushed out another update that has broken it working with Windchill. When we try to view something in Creo View it gives us the Install Creo View Client or Stop Checking for new versions in the Creo View window. It worked yesterday. It works in IE. Nothing has changed server wise as far as which build I am using. The Chrome version is Version 42.0.2311.90 m. We are on Windchill 10.2 m020 CPS08 and Creo View 3.0 m020. Has anyone else had this happen today? Anyone with a solution?

36 REPLIES 36

Wouldn't it be awesome if we didn't have to use Creo View and that everything we do in it could be done right in a browser itself?

I just read an article where a new CAD software is in beta that nothing has to be installed what-so-ever and is run through the browser.

Steve,

in this discussion TomUminn‌ talked about a future web based version of Creo View.

Re: Anyone got an open source Creo to HTML5 viewer package?

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:STEVEG)

There are actually several of them.

On the PTC side of things, there is a new app coming out in Windchill 11 that includes a simplified version of Creo View written purely in HTML 5.  This will run in any modern browser without any additional software download or installation required.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

OnShape is the one I referred to.  I saw it in the April 2015 issue of Desktop Engineering.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

The Creo View version will be fantastic if it works well.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

By the way Tom...I assume there is new features documentation for WC 11?  Or did you hear about that feature somewhere else?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:STEVEG)

This is from PTC Live Global in Nashville in June.  Both from PTC presentations and from one on one meetings with product managers.

aa1.PNG

Top Tags