cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo View windows partially off-screen

tsmith-3
1-Newbie

Creo View windows partially off-screen

Hello,

When opening  a drawing in Creo View (from Windchill running in IE10) the new window appears half off the screen for many of our users. They all report that this started happening around the same time, though we didn't hear about it for about a month after because nobody thought it was serious enough to report to the IT team.

Have any of you seen this issue? It's not having a detrimental effect on any of the users, but we're not sure why it started in the first place.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Thomas,

I remember observing this issue on IE8 because of this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/974537

It is worth trying the reg entry FEATURE_FORCE_POPUPS_ONTO_MONITOR_KB974537

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Binesh,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have an effect on the Creo View window.

Hi Thomas,

It worked for me more than a couple of times. Could you try this setting under Wow6432Node

1. Open registry editor – regedit

Start > type regedit in the search box > hit enter

2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl

3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.

4. Type the following key name, and then press ENTER:

FEATURE_FORCE_POPUPS_ONTO_MONITOR_KB974537

5. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

6. Type iexplore.exe, and then press ENTER.

7. Right-click iexplore.exe, and then click Modify.

8. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Binesh,

Thank you for your help this far. Here's where we are at this point:

After changing the registry entry and restarting (as mentioned in the MS Knowledge Base article) I'm now able to change the size of the window and have the computer remember it, but it's not remembering the location. We're halfway there!

Is your Windchill domain in compatibility view? If you go to tools > Compatibility. If display intranet sites in compatibility view is checked, could you uncheck that and try again? Also remove the windchill URL domain from websites list

Thanks

Binesh

The option to display intranet sites in compatibility view was checked, but we were not viewing Windchill in compatibility view. Just to make sure, I changed that setting and made sure Windchill was not on the list, but still no change. For now, I've just been resizing the window so that, though it's now smaller, the entire window shows up in the screen.

Thanks for your help this far.

Top Tags