cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo View

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

Creo View

We are looking to get a program that our Tech. Publications can use to get different views of Parts and Assemblies for the Manuals.

I was looking at using Creo View for this but apparently you can't connect Creo View to Windchill.

So does anyone know what I can use to connect to Windchill and view our Cad Documents? I don't want to have to purchase a full blown Creo License for this simple task.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Two possibilites. 1) There is a setup issue with the install of Creo View or 2) Your Windchill installation is not automatically generating "viewable" files. Either way I would contact tech support and have them help figure out which it is.

Do you know if viewables are being generated in your windchill installation? There needs to be a CAD worker configured that automatically generates Creo View "viewables" Looks like you might be on Windchill 10? You might check with your Windchill Admin or Contact PTC Tech support and have them help you determine if viewables are being created or how to get that setup.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Creo View should be the tool for this. What version of Windchill are you using? Do your tech pubs folks have a windchill log in? Should be as simple as the tech pub people log into Windchill, they navigate to the details page for the part or assembly in question, then they click on the icon for the part or assembly and it then opens up in Creo View. Alternately from the details page you can choose Action - Open in Productview (or Creo View) Once in Creo View. Once in Creo View they can explode, hide, move component, etc. I have engineering techs and program managers here that do that all the time to create images for presentations, procedures, tech pubs, etc. (Windchill 9.1 M060)

Creo View, just doesn't work like Pro/E where there is an embedded browser to navigate Windchill, you have to log into Windchill and then launch Creo View from Windchill to view a desired object.

Hope that help!

Would you know why I my Open in Creo View is greyed out?

I have installed Creo View from the Software Downloads page.

Creo_View.PNG

Two possibilites. 1) There is a setup issue with the install of Creo View or 2) Your Windchill installation is not automatically generating "viewable" files. Either way I would contact tech support and have them help figure out which it is.

Do you know if viewables are being generated in your windchill installation? There needs to be a CAD worker configured that automatically generates Creo View "viewables" Looks like you might be on Windchill 10? You might check with your Windchill Admin or Contact PTC Tech support and have them help you determine if viewables are being created or how to get that setup.

Viewables weren't being generated. The Visualization Worker was not connecting to the server because the auth.properties files was corrupt and needed to be remade. Took a little while to figure this issue out with the help of PTC...

One more question I will just tag on this thread:

Is there a way to send anything without a Viewable created to be sent to the Visualization worker?

Hello

you're able to create batch jobs for that

In Site/Utilities/WVS Job Scheduler Administration, you can create jobs for re publishing WTparts or CADDoc without representations ...

regards

Got everything working and Creo View opens the files fine, but when trying to print them the option I want is not available.

"Under File>Save Current Set As>Save as Vector to see if you can export the sheet as a DXF. You may also try the Save as Image to try to export a JPEG or TGA."

I can't find Save As Vector. It is exactly what I want to do though, so if you could steer me in the right direction here.

All I have under File is Print, Send, Help, Options, and Exit.

Creo View Express 2.0 M030

Thanks

Erik, By now you are probably aware that you will need to upgrade your Creo View Express to the Creo View MCAD version. This allows full vector conversion. We use it to create vector line art in our technical manuals. It works great because it allows the technical services personnel to completely de-construct a complex 3D model without using a 3D CAD tool like Creo Parametric.

Regards

Paul

Top Tags