cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo and Windchill - Double-Paned Embedded Browser Bug Makes Creo Unusable

nebraska-engr
8-Gravel

Creo and Windchill - Double-Paned Embedded Browser Bug Makes Creo Unusable

Hello all, I am running Creo 5.0.4.0 with Windchill 11.1 on a Windows 10.1 machine. The computer is brand new, 2 weeks old. If this is not the correct subforum for this type of issue, please inform me.

I have an issue where the embedded Windchill browser in Creo shows two panes at once, and the result is that none of the functions of Windchill (and by extension, Creo) are unusable (see the attached image). I am unable to open any files through Windchill. Moving the cursor across the Creo window causes the panes to flicker.

So far, I have:

* changed my Creo browser from ie11 to chromium, and back

* restarted my computer

* cleared Creo cache folders

* launched Creo without any config files in my working directory (config.pro, activedrawing.dtl, etc.)

* uninstalled Creo 5 and deleted cache items, then completed a fresh install of Creo

My previous computer was running Creo 5.0.4.0 on Windows 7. I did not have this issue until I upgraded to this machine. I have submitted a priority 1 support case with PTC and have not had much luck. I'm hoping someone on here has seen this before. After a week of being unable to complete any work, I am willing to try anything.

These days, it seems like I'm making support cases and forum posts every other day. I may have to upgrade to a program that actually works, such as SolidWorks. Getting Creo to be reliable (read: function with its designed prupose) is proving to be more difficult than it's worth.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Where you able to resolve this issue?

I have the same problem. 

Had some functionality not working with IE browser, so I changed to chrome. Now I have the exact same problem as you are describing.

So, If you came to any conclusion I would be very interested.

Cheers 😃

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:Kalle)

See CS28315 - Common symptoms and resolution of graphics issues in Creo Parametric and Windchill Workgroup Manager.

We resolved the issue by changing the display scaling from the 125% setting to 100%.  Some custom settings, like 124%, worked also.  You may also wish to change the high DPI property settings of the .exe file itself as well as set the config option high_dpi_enabled to yes.  Search the PTC KB for "high dpi" for multiple articles on changing the settings.

Regards,

Dan N.

We were seeing this issue with our WWGM.ini file setup to start with the chromium browser.

I wrote a small script that fixes this issue and added it to our WWGM-11.0 installation. You could apply this to many other applications as well.

rem ** This command will fix the WWGM Chrome startup "Double Window" Issue.
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /V "C:\ptc\wgm\x86e_win64\obj\uwgm_client.exe" /T REG_SZ /D "~ HIGHDPIAWARE" /F
exit /B 0

Ex: I would try this one for the Creo Parametric Installation

rem ** This command will fix the Creo Parametric Chrome startup "Double Window" Issue.
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /V "C:\ptc\Creo 7.0.4.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" /T REG_SZ /D "~ HIGHDPIAWARE" /F
exit /B 0

Top Tags