cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo and Windchill integrated window freezes...

spattanayak
2-Guest

Creo and Windchill integrated window freezes...

Hi All,

Has any one come across this issue of intermittent freeze of the Creo window containing windchill when trying to check in and check out.

It happens randomly once or twice for few users...

Cannot see any errors specific to it in Windchill or Apache logs...

Thanks,

Sudip

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Sudip,

We face similar pb with Creo 1.0 M030 & PDMLink 10.0 M030, do you find a solution?

Thanks

Luis

Hello Sudip,

yes. We face the same problem with Creo 2.0 M070 and Windchill 9.1 M070.

We have been struggling with this since January 2014 but we didn't find a solution. We will try out M110 of Creo 2 as soon as it's available..

I would also be grateful for a decent solution.

Best regards

Johannes

I've been seeing this problem a lot with WF5/WC9.x. I looked at the processes with Sysinternals Process Explorer and sometimes see 16 byte IO blips at 5 second intervals from xtop.exe, but sometimes not even that. No I/O, no cpu, no Reads/Writes of any kind, no CPU time change.

Normally I kill the xtop.exe and nmsd.exe and start over, but the last time I killed only nmsd.exe which resulted in everything working correctly. Not sure it's a long term cure, but it beat starting over for the 100th time.

I don't think it's a basic flaw in the software, but poor handling of some communications error condition that results in waiting for a message that will never come. Rather than timing out and retrying, it just waits.

Top Tags