cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo mapkey will not continue to next steps in Windchill session

svillafuerte
6-Contributor

Creo mapkey will not continue to next steps in Windchill session

We are currently migrating to Windchill now and we need to put our own part numbers on files before checking into Windchill. My problem lies in my current mapkey (pre-Windchill) where I open a start part, skip the name pop up which assigns a PRT0001 name and then the mapkey continues to run through modifying all the parameters in the start part and then when all that is complete it will do a "rename" function to change the name from PRT0001 to our own numbering. And now while playing in the initial stages of Windchill, it seems we must put our new name in the initial pop up screen that my mapkey skips or Windchill gives the name 0000000001 and then the rename function is no longer available in the Creo session and the part must be checked in to Windchill and then go through a ridiculous amount of steps to rename the part in the workspace. So I don't mind putting the name in on the initial pop up but the problem in the mapkey is now that any way I have tried to create the mapkey to enter the part number in the initial pop up using pause for input or any other option allows me to enter the number, but then the mapkey will just stop and not continue on with the rest of the steps to go through modifying the parameters all in on mapkey run. I have found one way by using pause, adding a description in the pause comment pop up, then adding the number, choosing OK, then having to hit resume in the pop up. In this case it will continue with the rest of the mapkey to modify the parameters. I just can't stand that my users will now have to hit another box icon to "resume" the mapkey after entering their number (and if they hit resume before they enter the number and hit OK then the mapkey stops anyway and it is all messed up and then will have to be rename the ridiculously long way in side Windchill). I have tried all options to pause and even tried running multiple mapkeys inside of each other to get it to go but haven't been able to figure anything else out (I have never had to run mapkeys inside of other mapkeys but I attempted it as  well to no avail). This is a long winded attempt to see if anyone has been able to figure out a way to have a mapkey pause for name/number input on the initial pop up screen let the user hit OK and then continue on with other steps of a mapkey. I will upload my config file that includes the current working mapkey outside of Windchill and all the test mapkeys trying to get this to still function inside of Windchill (there may be more but theses are the ones I saves in my confusion. Thanks all.

1 REPLY 1

I thought I had done that before. But can't be certain since it has been awhile.

But, it also might depend upon your Windchill configuration. Have you tried turning off autonumbering so you don't get theg ...001 number to start with? There are also config.pro options that impact the ability to rename PDM objects. You may want to look at those too. (allow_rename_PDM_objects, I think)

Top Tags