cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo server location error for Windchill

ggrimm
1-Newbie

Creo server location error for Windchill

My company finally upgraded from Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 with Windchill 9 to Creo 3.0 and Windchill 10.

Before installing Creo on my laptop, I cleared my workspaces and deleted my cache. Creo is working and can find a license without issue. However, when I try to register the Windchill server under "server management", it fails to connect when I click "check" and then I am asked to check the server location.

I know the URL is correct as it is working for my coworkers. I can access Windchill through Internet Explorer on my laptop also. I have tried reinstalling Creo, restarting my computer, and trying to connect with and without the wireless connection.

I've tried researching this issue and the only solution I came across involved deleting the cache which I have done several times.

I'm out of ideas. Can someone please help?

thanks!

error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ggrimm
1-Newbie
(To:ggrimm)

Well it turned out that the Creo Platform Agent had become corrupt. I have no clue what the Platform agent is, but it's installed with Creo. The fun part is that it doesn't automatically uninstall or reinstall with Creo. You have to go through the control panel and use the add/remove programs to find and uninstall the Platform agent.

I would've updated this sooner with the solution, but unfortunately this site works about as well as their software so I couldn't log in.

I don't understand why everything has to be so complicated with PTC software!! I miss using Solidworks so much, that software just works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
aceng
1-Newbie

Hi Gregory,

does the Creo 3.0 work on the right os version ? if yr os is xp , this issue is always exsit .

ggrimm
1-Newbie

Well it turned out that the Creo Platform Agent had become corrupt. I have no clue what the Platform agent is, but it's installed with Creo. The fun part is that it doesn't automatically uninstall or reinstall with Creo. You have to go through the control panel and use the add/remove programs to find and uninstall the Platform agent.

I would've updated this sooner with the solution, but unfortunately this site works about as well as their software so I couldn't log in.

I don't understand why everything has to be so complicated with PTC software!! I miss using Solidworks so much, that software just works.

Hi, I would like to know what exactly did you do to install an uncorrupted version of Creo Platform Agent because I am facing the exact same issue as you.

Hello!

Did someone figure this out? I'm facing exactly the same problem. Would be really greatful if someone could tell me how to fix this. I literally tried every possible thing I could think off.

Greetings

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

strugling today with the same issue.

Seems, that PTC does not made very much progress in the last 5 years.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Mat)

I just put 2 system environment variables in a batch file that runs from parametric.bat to define the location of the Creo Agent files.

@rem ***** Set Creo Agent *****
set CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=X:\PTC\CreoAgent\Agent\creoagent.exe
set CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=X:\PTC\CreoAgent\Platform\4\manifests

(not my real path names, but you get the idea)

dloh
2-Guest

I recently upgraded from Creo 3.0 to 4.0 and also received the same issue. The main problem for me was that the cache location for Windchill was the specified as the same folder for both versions of Creo. You can get around this by changing the cache location. What worked for me was to delete the old Creo 3.0 cache folder and then I was able to add the Windchill server no problem.

Server Management > Cache Tab - This shows you the location of the cache. For me it was:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\PTC

I just deleted the whole PTC folder in that location (may be hidden).

Top Tags