cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

CreoView Install

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

CreoView Install

I am trying to install CreoView Adapters 7.1.1.0 on my Windchill 11.1. M020 CPS20 server which is running on Windows Server 2016. The matrix says I need the Desktop Experience and I checked with IT and they say they installed it that way.

However, when I run the proe2pv_config.exe, the Setup button is grayed out. I also tried 8.0.0.0.

Any suggestions before I contact PTC support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TomU)

Unchecked Create proeworker and the Setup became selectable, saved it and Recipe Editor is selectable.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

No issues installing it on my server(s).  Does your user account have admin rights? Try 'Run as Administrator'?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Setup and Recipe Editor are greyed out even when I 'Run as Administrator'.

I am wondering if IT did not build the systems with Desktop Experience.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

If you're logged into the computer and looking at a desktop, then desktop experience is installed.  Without it everything has to be done from a console (command prompt.)

TomU
23-Emerald IV

There should be a log file created somewhere in your user profile's temp folders as soon as setup is started.  If you can find it, there should be something in there saying what the problem is.  Let me know if you need help finding it.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I found the VIZADAPTERS_PtcInstall.log files. but they only cover the installation of CreoView from the DVD image. CreoView itself installs OK. It is the proe2pv_config.exe that is failing to let me do the setup and recipe settings.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

BenLoosli_0-1634311753976.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Setup here will stay grayed out until all the appropriate fields are populated...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Unchecked Create proeworker and the Setup became selectable, saved it and Recipe Editor is selectable.

Top Tags