cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

CreoView cache

lzwheel
4-Participant

CreoView cache

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.0 and Datecode with CPS M030-CPS16

If you open a document in windchill through CreoView, you can view the original file in the system cache. Can you prevent users from viewing the original file directly?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:lzwheel)

Hi @lzwheel 

CreoView is standalone application and needs the file locally, so it is downloaded to the windows temp location.

I don't think so you can prevent this behavior. 

You can restrict the download operation by ACL access, but it is useless if the user should work with the file. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:lzwheel)

Hi @lzwheel 

CreoView is standalone application and needs the file locally, so it is downloaded to the windows temp location.

I don't think so you can prevent this behavior. 

You can restrict the download operation by ACL access, but it is useless if the user should work with the file. 

PetrH

lzwheel
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

My purpose is that the user can only view the document through CreoView, but not get the original document. I disabled the download function of windchill and the save function in CreoView, but found that the original file can be obtained from the cache. Is there any other solution to meet this requirement, so as to ensure that the original file is not obtained by the user ?

Top Tags