cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Custom Action Download

ChiselnMallet1
12-Amethyst

Custom Action Download

Hello...

Been pouring over the community topic and looking at the customization guide... but need a little direction.  I'd like to add a custom action to the promotion request objects table to download all secondary data for each promoted item to the users computer.

I have found some code that I can use to help to that actual job... can anyone offer some guidance on what I'll be editing and how to successfully integrate it.  I have set up the wtsafearea structure. 

Some pointers would be very very appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

How far are you along with this?

Where are you stuck?

I’ve written several download tools and know how to pull this off but without knowing what the problem is it’s difficult to advise as there’re several topics to be familiar with. Some Windchill specific some not.

Not far at all.  Just trying to understand the basics.  I was attempting to follow an example to simple put a new action button in the QuickLinks>Help>... made the wtsafearea file structure... copied and edited custom_action, custom_actionmodels, NavigationRB.java, in the sitemod directory and tried to run the javac commands as directed and got errors.  I am running 11.2 and this was an example for 10.

I'm finding examples that edit these file directly, but the customization guide says to not do that...

What files will I need to edit, how do I get them from the safearea and into windchill, and how should I implement the command... JSP?  Like real green over here!

Top Tags