cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Custom XLS Report Template

MM_10260548
1-Newbie

Custom XLS Report Template

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.1

For BOM reports and table exports, one of the options is "Export List to XLS Report" which creates a lightly formatted spreadsheet.
Is it possible to create a custom XLS Report template that would include a "title block"?

5 REPLIES 5

Yes this is possible but you will need a customization for this.

Hi @MM_10260548 

Usually you need to create own custom action that does a job what you need.

I did several types of reports based on template excel that the template was saved in the Windchill as a WTDocument.

HelesicPetr_0-1693327228891.png

The action just take the excel template and write data from the report table and saves it to windchill or downloads.  

help Wizard Processing describes how to create wizard

And how to add action to the structure menu Customizing Part Structure Browser Actions Toolbar

PetrH

I was hoping there was a way to extend / customize the existing option to provide selectable templates or even just modify the OOTB template.

Hello @MM_10260548 

From my point of view it is easier to create new function then modify OOTB also upgrade will not involve the function.

PetrH

Hello MM_10260548,

You asked some question regarding Windchill, thanks for reaching out, this is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe.

fyi XLS gets generated from using Apache POI / HSSF library. And there is unfortunately not support for customization here.

KR,

Charles.

Top Tags