cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Customizing wgm install, specifically Autocad integration

sknox
1-Newbie

Customizing wgm install, specifically Autocad integration

We've gone through a re-brand on our Windchill database to fit in with the culture here at DIRTT. Everything from apache to the graphics. However there is one area that completely eludes me.  I cannot figure out how to modify the "PTC Windchill" ribbon Tab in Autocad. And possibly the "Open from Windchill" button in the open/save area.

We've explored the wgm toolkit but that seems like its for writing our own integrations. So now I'm at a point trying to figure out if trying to modify the ac2014adapter_clnt.dll file before the install is the key. However it is a dll file and is compiled already...

Has anyone had any experience with this type of modification who may be able to offer some guidance?

5 REPLIES 5
pmooteri
12-Amethyst
(To:sknox)

Hi Steve,

Can you please let me know, which Windchill version you are using at your site?

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager - WWGM

PTC

sknox
1-Newbie
(To:pmooteri)

10.2 M030 CPS17

pmooteri
12-Amethyst

Hi Steve,

In 10.2 M030 WWGM-CPS11, we have introduced below preference. User can replace the PTC Windchill tab in AutoCAD with a customized tab which contains standard elements as per user requirement.

The PTC Windchill tab can be hidden in AutoCAD ribbon using preference “wgm.hide.menus” in wgmclient.ini file.
The values for the wgm.hide.menus preference are:
     No (Default): By default PTC Windchill tab is shown in AutoCAD ribbon menu
     Yes: The PTC Windchill tab is hidden in AutoCAD ribbon menu
Preference needs to be set in the wgmclient.ini file under the AutoCAD section.

Regards,
Pankaj Mooteri

sknox
1-Newbie
(To:pmooteri)

ok so it removes it from Autocad, so now we just need to script the creation of a new menu (if we so desire)

however this command does not seem to function for Inventor. Is there something similar for tools besides Autocad?

pmooteri
12-Amethyst

Hi Steve,

The preference is specific for AutoCAD & there are no other preferences for other cad applications to control PTC Ribbon menu.

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Top Tags